BE at UP offers pathology, pharmacology, toxicology and veterinary public health solutions through the Department of Paraclinical Sciences at the University of Pretoria. To provide these services, our experts also rely on the resources of the laboratories located in this Department:
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Analytical Laboratory
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology Laboratory
- Environmental Toxicology Laboratory
- Diagnostic Pathology Reference Laboratory (includes macroscopic and histopathological evaluations)
- Phytomedicine Laboratory.
Research and consulting
- Wildlife and environmental health: Focusing on aspects of Southern Africas unique wildlife species.
- Primary animal health and welfare in developing communities: Using veterinary skills, knowledge and resources to improve and maintain animal and human health. Areas of research include the safety of food of animal origin, and the application of risk analysis as well as the development of small-scale farmers.
- Phytomedicine and ethnoveterinary medicine: Integrating the wealth of traditional knowledge with current scientific knowledge to improve both human and animal health in communities in South Africa.
- Economically important diseases of livestock and companion animals: Investigating important and re-emerging diseases in domesticated animals and the economic impact of these diseases.
For more information: